Always nice to enjoy the nice weather outside isn’t it? Insect bites, on the other hand, are an inconvenience we would all like to avoid. Here are some practical tips that will help you avoid insect bites as much as possible:
- If your baby is less than 6 months old and insects are numerous, cover his stroller or car seat with a fine mesh net. Sherpa makes Bug Covers easy to install on your baby's shell, perfect for protecting your little one! See the models available right here!
- Cover your food and drinks when you are outside.
- Avoid places where water is stagnant, such as near a pond or marsh, where insects multiply.
- Avoid as much as possible your child walking barefoot on the grass.
- If a bee or wasp approaches your child, show him the example by staying calm and explaining to him to make no sudden movement while moving away slowly.
- During a walk in the forest, stay on the trails and avoid tall grass.
Mosquitoes tend to be more active from sunset until sunrise. Limiting outdoor activities during this time is also recommended to avoid bites.