Did you know that all children's sleepwear sold in Canada must meet strict flammability requirements to improve safety.
On the other hand, the demands of daywear are not as strict, which is why it is important for children to wear sleepwear to go to bed.
Here are some qualities of a safe nightwear:
- For loose-fitting nightwear: choose those made from polyester, nylon or a blend of polyester and nylon.
- For fitted nightwear: prefer those made from cotton or cotton blends.
- Dress children in nightwear before putting them to bed
- Make sure belts, ties or sashes on children's robes are securely sewn in the center of the back of these garments.
- Check for loose buttons or other small parts that could be a choking hazard.
- Regularly check blankets and pajamas to make sure there are no loose threads and make the necessary repairs.
Make sweet dreams, safe